2014 Korean Government Scholarship Program
1. Program Objective
The Korean Government Scholarship Program is designed to provide higher education in Korea for international students, with the aim of promoting international exchange in education, as well as mutual friendship amongst the participating countries.
2. Quota for U.S.A Scholars
- General : 16 persons
- Overseas Korean Adoptee : 5 persons
3. Duration of Scholarship
- Master’s (01.09.2014 ~ 08.31.2017) : 1 yr. of Korean language + 2 yrs of Master’s
- Doctoral (01.09.2014 ~ 08.31.2018): 1yr. of Korean language + 3 yrs of Doctoral
※ After the Korean language course, the scholarship period of degree course (2 years of master’s or 3 years of doctoral) cannot be extended beyond the designated duration.
4. Application Requirements
- The applicant and his/her parents must have foreign citizenships.
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of Sep. 1st, 2014 (born after Sep. 1st, 1974).
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of August 31st, 2014.
※ Applicants who have ever enrolled in a university in Korea will be disqualified from applying to the KGSP program. Specifically, an applicant who has previously enrolled in an undergraduate program, a master’s program, a doctoral program including an exchange program (D‐2 visa holders ever) in Korea cannot apply for this program.
- Applicants must maintain a grade point average (G.P.A.) of at least 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4. 3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale, or grades/marks/score of 80% or higher from the previously attended institution.
5. Required Documentation: please see the attached file for more details
- Applicants must submit One original document (placed in a separate envelope) and 3 extra copies.
6. Selection Procedure
- (1st Selection) Korean Embassy makes its own selection schedule and plan based on the criteria provided by NIIED, and accept the applications.
- (2nd Selection) NIIED Selection Committee selects as many successful candidates as each embassy quota amongst the pool of candidates recommended by the Embassies.
- (3rd Selection) NIIED submits the documents of successful candidates to their 3 universities of indicated preference, and requests admission examination of the candidates into their master’s or doctoral programs.
7. Place of Submission
- Korean Consulate General in LA (Attn: Education Dept.)
○ Address: 3243 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90010
8. Application Deadline
- Submitting the Required Documents: March 14th, 2014
9. For further information, please contact :
- KGSP Team, National Institute for International Education (NIIED)
○ Phone: +82-2-3668-1364, +82-2-3668-1389
○ Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Korean Consulate General office in LA
○ Phone: 213-385-9300(ex.69